Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good-Bye Old Skirt


Sunday night I cleaned out my closet, which was in fact very much needed. Among the clothing that I decided was time to get rid of was a wool lined skirt that I bought in 2002. I can't even tell you the last time I wore the stupid thing, but nonetheless I wasn't ready to part with it. But instead of letting it take up precious space, I decided to do something with it. I made it into pillows for my favorite ugly "painted" black wingback chair. The chair too has seen better days, but fear not, it will be recovered soon! Anyway the pillow project took about 30 minutes start to finish. I had originally decided to just make the pillows and stuff them with batting, but when I went to Joann's today, they had ready made pillows ready for stuffing BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!!! So, that's what I did, and I have to admit they are a lot better than I had thought they would turn out. I was so inspired by my sewing abilities that I decided to fix a zipper on a a skirt that I wore ONE time and broke. Well, I think I'll stick to pillows. I put the stupid zipper in backwards...whoops...apparently my sewing class is not paying off. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment